Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Bungy Jumping (2)

So as I was showing Paul around NZ I thought (stupidly) that we should bungy. NZ is well known as the Bungy capital. I thought we'd be daring and bungy off the Auckland Harbour Bridge (just over 135 ft) over water, the harbour. You walk 10 mins along a walk way just below the bridge to get to the bungy pod just below the bridge. As we began the walk I started to get a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach. All I could see was the water below me a long long way down . As we got to the pod thing strapped just under the bridge I was truly petrified. The bungy boys then open up the pod door and you can see the water below. They write your weight in huge numbers and in red on the back of your hand (in case you forget) and strap you up and you then jump. Here are a few pictures to tell the story a bit better.



This is me starting to freak out and smile at the same time. I was ready to cry here so that Paul would say it was ok if I didn't jump.



This is a close up of me freaking out and smiling at the same time.



So here I am ready to jump, with the wind in my hair, and the fear of life in my heart. I am freakin out right about now!!!!!!!!!!!!



This is me jumping. I have video footage but its long as because i was so scared to get going and they were helping me to calm down. Its quite hillarious, in fact everyone that has seen it ends up laughing as!!! I think I'll save the footage for a rainy day.

On the other hand Paul was a trooper and ready to take on the challenge. Here are his pictures and they are total opposite of mine.



I got some great footage on my little digital camera of Paul that is just awesome. Enjoy!!!!

If you ever decide to bungy I'm sure it is so much more comforting to bungy over water as opposed to a slab of concrete. In NZ you can bungy off just about anything. The bungy operators are cheeky as and typical kiwi humour, ya gotta love it!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...I feel sick just watching all this! Way to go! I can't believe you guys did that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AmaZing. So proud of you nancy. I can't believe you did it. No way would I. You rock! We miss you badly! Excited to have Paul back and we have been to 2 movies already but you should be with us. We love and miss you. Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is no way in hell I would ever want to do this. I get scared looking at the pics.

    ReplyDelete